Skip to content
Available Training Classes for Inventory, Monitoring, and Assessment
- Core Methods Field Training
- Training in the Core Methods used to gather data in the field. This course is available through the NRCS NRI and BLM AIM programs.
- Interpreting Indicators of Rangeland Health
- Interpreting Indicators of Rangeland Health (IIRH) is a qualitative assessment protocol that is widely applied by individuals and agencies to provide early warning of potential ecological problems, improve communication about rangeland health and to help prioritize monitoring and restoration. This approach to helps interdisciplinary teams to assess the soil and site stability, hydrologic function, and biotic integrity of a rangeland site using readily-observed characteristics of the landscape and knowledge of the ecological site. This class is available to US Department of the Interior employees and external partners through DOI Talent. Information about 2023 trainings is available here.
- Measuring and Monitoring of Plant Populations and Vegetation
- Current monitoring, analysis, and evaluation techniques for vegetation and plant populations. Determine objectives and requirements for monitoring studies. Collect accurate and precise data for special status plants or other plant populations. Practice collection and recording skills in field sessions. This class is available to US Department of the Interior employees and external partners through DOI Talent.