We regularly sponsor training courses to provide instruction on how to design and implement a monitoring program, collect monitoring data, and analyze those data.
Terrestrial trainings are four days long and for both project leads and field crew members. Aquatic trainings are two weeks long, with the first week being for project leads and field crews and the second week intended specifically for field crew members.
To register for any of the Terrestrial AIM Core Methods trainings, visit the BLM’s National Training Center on DOI Learn.
Aquatic AIM training in 2017 is by invitation only. If you would like inquire about attending the aquatic AIM training in 2017, please contact Robin Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Terrestrial Core Methods Trainings (2018)
- Bakersfield, California from 02/27/2018 to 03/02/2018
- Twin Falls, Idaho from 04/17/2018 to 04/20/2018
- Prineville, Oregon from 04/24/2018 to 04/27/2018
- Billings, Montana from 05/01/2018 to 05/04/2018
- Cedar City, Utah from 05/01/2018 to 05/04/2018
- Reno, Nevada from 05/08/2018 to 05/11/2018
- Grand Junction, Colorado 05/15/2018 to 05/18/2018
- Lander, Wyoming from 05/22/2018 to 05/25/2018
- Las Cruces, New Mexico from 07/23/2018 to 07/26/2018
Upcoming Aquatic Trainings (2018)
Aquatic Core Methods training is two weeks long. Technicians are required to attend both weeks of training, while project leads only need attend week 1. Training is mandatory for technicians and optional (but strongly encouraged) for project leads.
- Week 1: May 14th-18th Logan, UT
- Week 2: May 21st-25th Canyonlands Research Center
- Optional Wilderness First Aid Training: May 19th-20th location TBD
For more information, please contact Robin Jones at the BLM National Aquatic Monitoring Center.
Upcoming Interpreting and Measuring Indicators of Rangeland Health (2018)
- May 1- May 4, 2018 Reno, NV
- May 22-25, 2018 Grand Junction, CO
- June 19-22, 2018 Cheyenne, WY
For more information see this flyer.
If you have additional questions or want to request a webinar course, please contact Sarah McCord (email@example.com) or Baili Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) for terrestrial information and Robin Jones (email@example.com) for aquatic information.