A new version of the Database for Inventory, Monitoring, and Assessment has just been released! This latest iteration—as always—aims to improve stability and reliability for field data collection on a tablet and data report generation in the office. For more information about DIMA and how it fits into project designs, check out the DIMA website.
The changes from v3.0A to v3.1 include:
- New quality assurance checks (improved dialog for UTM zone formatting warnings and Canopy Gap conflicts with a mass update of a species code)
- Updates to the Plot Characterization form to add functionality improvements and fields for soil map unit and phase
- A new comment field in the Pasture Condition form and a “Species (checkbox)” indicator to the Line-point intercept Indicators report
- Bugfixes for checkboxes in the Line-point intercept form and calculations and displays in the Gap comprehensive report
- Minor backend changes to table formatting
To download the latest version of DIMA, please visit the download page on the Jornada Experimental Range website.
Tutorials on how to get the most out of DIMA as an end-user can be found here on the Landscape Toolbox.